drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Slack setup for Devs and Users
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 22:15:01 GMT
Slack is real time and handles multiple access points really seamlessly.
Thus, I get a ding on my phone only if I am not logged in on my laptop. It
scours discussions for keywords so that I can ignore things mostly and yet
still pop in when the topics turn to what I need to be involved in.

Email is a disaster for such real-time interactive sorts of conversations.
Slack is perfect for this.

On the other hand, an archived mailing list threaded by topic is *much*
easier for understanding the discussions that went on to get to a decision.