drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: select from table with options
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 00:18:37 GMT
Wouldn't a table function be a better option?

Something like this perhaps?

select * from
delimitedFile(dfs.`default`.`/path/to/file/something.psv`, '|')

?

Or how about fake-o parameters that the delimited record scanner knows how
to push down into the scanning of the data? That would look like this:

select * from
dfs.`default`.`/path/to/file/something.psv`
where magicFieldDelimiter = '|';