drill-dev mailing list archives

From Neeraja Rentachintala <nrentachint...@maprtech.com>
Subject Drill storage plugins and readiness status in docs
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 00:31:35 GMT
Hi All

Recently Drill eco system is expanding with several new storage plugins
being added and/or proposed taking it beyond Hadoop.
Just to make the consumption easier for users, I am thinking that we should
at least at high level document the readiness status of the plugins from a
quality perspective so users don't get surprised when they try to use them.
It will be great if we can make this information more richer by identifying
known key enhancements/JIRAs with each plugin that the community is working
towards , but am thinking of a simple table like following to start with.

Let me know your thoughts.

*Storage plugin       Status   *
DFS                         Production ready
HBase                      Production ready (known pushdown limitations
e.g.: column based filters)
Hive                          Production ready
JDBC                        Beta? Production ready?
Mongo                      Beta? Production ready?
Cassandra                Alpha? Beta?
Elastic search           ?
Solr                           ?