drill-dev mailing list archives

From Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Feedback on the usefulness of Drill
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 21:59:43 GMT
I asked my team to give me a feedback, and a priority, of what they would
like for me or Drill community to address in order to make Drill a truly
useful tool for their application.

This was collected after using Drill for about four months, daily, on a
substantial project that integrates healthcare data in different formats
(psv, xml, gzipped) from different sources.

I wanted to share with all. I have JIRA issues created for 1 and 2.

1. automatic character set interpretation (utf16)
2. automatic new line interpretation \n vs \r\n
3. schema application or at least header row application (address
attributes by header name rather than column index
4. CTAS to more target types
5. filename wild card option in storage plugin
(dfs:/home/cfrasure/invoices*.csv)
6. xml mapping

Thanks,
Edmon