drill-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Priestley <grant.priest...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase get.setTimeRange() support
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 08:42:08 GMT
Hi Guys,

Thanks for responding and apologies in the delay of my response, just found
out the corporate email was blocking things.  My dilemma is that my
requirement is for analysts to be able to query this via a SQL function, so
leveraging the API probably not an option to my problem.

I was thinking value would be represented as a map.. or array (most
analysts are comfortable with arrays), though some have analysts have
suggested multiple rows.  I was also thinking that that columns with
multiple versions would use the previous version's timestamp as the expiry
date.

Thoughts?

Grant