drill-dev mailing list archives

From Kasper Sørensen <i.am.kasper.soren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Drill
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 15:41:12 GMT
Hi there,

Sorry for barging in, but maybe this is a place where Drill and MetaModel
could benefit from each other? We've considered that before at least ...

MetaModel already has support for both DOM and SAX based XML querying. They
basically inherit some characteristics from DOM and SAX respectively:

 - In the DOM variant we can infer a schema and all the user has to do is
select a XML file/resource anywhere.
 - In the SAX variant the user has to specify which paths in the XML
document should represent logical "tables" and what paths represent their
columns.

See [1] for more info. Hope this might be of interest to integrate into
Drill?

Best regards,
Kasper Sørensen (from the MetaModel project)

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/metamodel/examples/XmlTableMapping