drill-dev mailing list archives

From Tomer Shiran <tshi...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: Apache drill jdbc driver - can i connect to a drillbit?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 16:17:41 GMT
If you want to connect to a random drillbit in the cluster you would use
ZooKeeper in the connection URL:

jdbc:drill:zk=<zk quorum>/drill/<cluster id>

If you want to connect to a specific drillbit you could specify that
directly by replacing "zk=<zk quorum>" with "drillbit=<node>"

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:28 AM, Rajkumar Singh <rsingh@maprtech.com> wrote:

> This is a sample code snippet to connect to drill using Drill-Jdbc-all
> Driver.
>
> Class.forName("org.apache.drill.jdbc.Driver");
> Connection connection =DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:drill:zk=
> node3.mynode.com:5181/drill/my_cluster_com-drillbits");
> Statement st = connection.createStatement();
> ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("SELECT * from cp.`employee`");
> while(rs.next()){
> System.out.println(rs.getString(1));
> }
>

> Rajkumar Singh
> MapR Technologies
>

> > On Sep 3, 2015, at 12:50 PM, Sudip Mukherjee <smukherjee@commvault.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > Is there way to connect a drillbit using the jdbc driver. Could you
> please point me to an example if there is one?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sudip
> >

> > ***************************Legal Disclaimer***************************
> > "This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for
> the
> > sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or
> distribution
> > by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by
> mistake,
> > please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank
> you."

Tomer Shiran
CEO and Co-Founder, Dremio