drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing the test process
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 18:59:32 GMT
On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Edmon Begoli <ebegoli@gmail.com> wrote:

> This might be already in motion, but let me discuss it with you
> nevertheless:
>
> - could we break up the testing configuration so that small, atomic unit
> tests can be always ran by default

Specific tests can already be run separately.

There is no wholesale separation into small and large tests currently.  I
think that there is an effort underway to do something quite similar to
that.

> - create larger configurations for complex unit and integration testing so
> we can run them independently, if needed

As above.

> Finally, can someone point me at that patch that fixes current test problem
> locally.

Which version of Java do you have?  There is a known problem with a few
tests on Java 8.

What precise problem are you seeing?

> It would make me more comfortable being able to run full builds with tests.

Indeed.