drill-dev mailing list archives

From Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Developers' Cookbook
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2015 23:16:45 GMT
Hey folks,

I think that Drill project could benefit from a developers cookbook-like
material.

I am saying this because, as a newcomer contributor,  I feel like I need
one - how to get to code, how to test, what are the living standards, etc.

There is stuff out here, some is little bit dated, some is not
accurate, and I figuring it out, but I think it would help the overall
contribution process if there would be a living cookbook with very precise
and clear How Tos. I feel like I will need to prepare one anyway if I am to
bring any of my team members to pitch in some help.

What do you think?

If you think this makes sense, what would, in your opinion, be the best way
to get started on the cookbook?

It would be also good to do this a little bit sooner than having to wait
for the product release cycle.

 I would be happy to record and publish my own notes, if that makes sense.

Thanks,
Edmon