drill-dev mailing list archives

From Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing the test process
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 01:04:56 GMT
Here is a fresh result from* mvn clean install*:

export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7
.0_79.jdk/Contents/Home/

mvn clean install

... excerpt, there are many errors with the same root cause ....

Running org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.sort.TestSort

Running
org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.mergereceiver.TestMergingReceiver#handleEmptyBatch

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.48 sec
<<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.sort.TestSort

org.apache.drill.exec.physical.impl.sort.TestSort  Time elapsed: 4.48 sec
<<< ERROR!

java.net.UnknownHostException:
<my-machine-name-removed>: <my-machine-name-removed>: nodename nor servname
provided, or not known

at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1475)

at org.apache.drill.exec.service.ServiceEngine.start(ServiceEngine.java:66)

at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.run(Drillbit.java:243)

at org.apache.drill.BaseTestQuery.openClient(BaseTestQuery.java:181)

at
org.apache.drill.BaseTestQuery.setupDefaultTestCluster(BaseTestQuery.java:117)

at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:264)

at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:153)

at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:124)

at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:200)

at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:153)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: EB-MacBook-Pro: nodename nor
servname provided, or not known

at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)

at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:901)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1295)

at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1471)

[...]

I ran into the same problems when I run build on the server.

Edmon