drill-dev mailing list archives

From Edmon Begoli <ebeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Hi everyone
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 03:48:49 GMT
Hello everyone,

This is Edmon Begoli from Knoxville, TN.

I am looking forward to join this group of the fine technologists and
developers, and to contribute in whatever capacity I can.

I am experienced Java developer, a recent Drill adoptee and a huge
fan, and I am looking forward to help however I can.
I already exchanged emails with Jaques suggesting some issues I can start with.

It is my desire to join this team as quickly as possible and to become
one of the commiters.

I think that Drill is still pretty young, and there are some rough
edges, but I also have to say that I am very impressed by the
Drill/Parquet potentials and capabilities.

Going forward and further in the future, I would like to contribute
many things, but for sure a support for Postgres connector and/or
native support for HL7 EDI formats as these rule the global healthcare
industry, are somewhat archaic, but are probably amenable and
deserving to be one of the supported formats.

I think this could revolutionize how we work with structured,
non-relational healthcare data, specially the one that is currently
buried in the old systems.

Thanks all,
Edmon