drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recursive CTE Support in Drill
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 05:56:38 GMT
Are you hard set on using common table expressions?

I have discussed a bit off-list creating a data format that would allow
tables to be read from a log-synth [1] schema.  That would let you read as
much data as you might like with an arbitrarily complex (or simple) query.

Operationally, you would create a file containing a log-synth schema that
has the extension .synth.  Your data source would have to be configured to
connect that extension with the log-synth format.  At that point, you could
select as much or little data as you like from the file and you would see
generated data rather than the schema.

[1] https://github.com/tdunning/log-synth

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Alexander Zarei <alexanderz.simba@gmail.com