drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: Suspicious direct memory consumption when running queries concurrently
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:04:08 GMT
It sounds like your statement is that we're cacheing too many unused
chunks.  Hanifi and I previously discussed implementing a separate flushing
mechanism to release unallocated chunks that are hanging around.  The main
question is, why are so many chunks hanging around and what threads are
they associated with.  A Jmap dump and analysis should allow you to do
determine which thread owns the excess chunks.  My guess would be the RPC
pool since those are long lasting (as opposed to the WorkManager pool,
which is contracting).

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio