drill-dev mailing list archives

From Hanifi GUNES <hanifigu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.1.0 (rc0)
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 03:36:55 GMT
*>> Jinfeng*

*-  Verified checksum for both the source and binary tar files.*

*>> Hanifi, Sudheesh*

*- manually inspected maven repo- built a query submitter importing
jdbc-all artifact from the repo at [jacques:3]*

Is there a guideline on verifying maven artifacts besides inspecting
published POMs or trying to use them? I could do that if someone points me.

Thanks.
-Hanifi

> I haven't seen that anybody is checking signatures and the maven artifacts.
>
> Is anybody doing that?  If not, the release should be held back until that
> is done.
>
> (I can't do it due to time pressure)
>

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Aman Sinha <asinha@maprtech.com> wrote:
>
> > Downloaded the binary tar-ball.  Installed on my macbook.  Started
> sqlline
> > in embedded mode. Saw that sqlline is showing version 1.0.0 instead of
> > 1.1.0, although 'select * from sys.version'  is showing the right commit.
> > Anyone else sees this ?
> >
> > /sqlline -u jdbc:drill:zk=local -n admin -p admin --maxWidth=100000
> > apache drill 1.0.0
> > "just drill it"
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Jason Altekruse <
> altekrusejason@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 binding
> > >
> > > - downloaded and built the source tarball, all tests passed (on MAC
> osx)
> > > - started sqlline, issued a few queries
> > > - tried a basic update of storage plugin from the web UI and looked
> over
> > > few query profiles

> > > verified

> verified