drill-dev mailing list archives

From Stefán Baxter <ste...@activitystream.com>
Subject Re: drill user experience
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 15:45:13 GMT
Hi Ted .. and others,

I'm here and willing to help.

It's fair to add that the document, once read aft-the-fact, already
mentions some of the things that still caused me problems (?user problem?).

It's also fair to add that I'm not going anywhere :) I like this project
too much to have a few dents derail us.

But you are right, the experience has been frustrating at times.

I have spent a week trying to get to know the ins/outs of Drill and have
some thoughts to share but ultimately I have not seen anything that will
not be addressed over time. I have added several jira issues with practical
matters and mention that only because there is a common theme to those.

I think Drill is already solving specific problems for a core community but
the "in the wild" factor/polishing is still missing. This is to be expected
even though it can not be the case for long.

I look forward to using Drill and if our small startup grows then I hope we
will become meaningful contributors.

Thank you all for the outstanding work and remember that if mass adoption
is a goal then you will have to polish these nuances sooner rather than
later.

Regards,
 -Stefan