drill-dev mailing list archives

From Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
Subject Hangout agenda
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 21:51:41 GMT
For the hangout tomorrow, can we spend some time on the topic of embedded
types (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3228)  and related
issues?

There have been a bunch of reports of Drill not being able to handle schema
change as expected; for example -
1) Large number of initial values are null and Drill defaults to a nullable
int type in the absence of type information.
2) Type changes after the initial type is determined (eg from int to
varchar) and the query fails even though an implicit cast would have
handled the change.

Can we have an initial discussion around this, just so everyone is on the
same page? We can follow up with a detailed discussion on the list.

Parth