drill-dev mailing list archives

From Tugdual Grall <tugd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [storage engine plugin] How to push down sort/order by to the storage engine?
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:17:34 GMT

> Hi Tugdual,

Thanks for the response

>  The only reason for removing _id field from select * is, in most of the
> cases value of _id field generated by Mongo system and users normally do
> not use.

It is not true, it is by default generated and use the timestamp that is
part of the ObjectID in many use case (this give me an idea on an UDF for
mongo)

Also developer can set it when needed, and since it is used as PK it is
often use for lookup in apps ( it is true in the context of analytics it is
less useful).

> However, if users select _id field (cases where users using _id as key)
> drill returns its value.

So yes I can do a projection
select _id ....
but
select _id, *  ... does not work

so I  need to specify the full list of field. (Will see where it is coming
from)

Anyway it is not a blocking issue at all since we can access it, I was just
surprised that it was removed/hidden by default.

regards
Tug