drill-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <dbarc...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: decoding JsonTypeInfo on StoragePluginConfig
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 00:10:28 GMT
Jacques,

Jacques Nadeau wrote:
> See here:
>
> http://fasterxml.github.io/jackson-annotations/javadoc/2.4/com/fasterxml/jackson/annotation/JsonTypeInfo.html
>
> Basically, this states that when encoding/decoding from JSON, the "type"
> field

There you're referring to the field in JSON, right?

> is used to determine which subclass of StoragePluginConfig should be
> materialized.  It also says to store the "type" field as a property
 > inside the object to be serialized/deserialized.

To clarify that:  You mean Jackson stores it just in the JSON and not that
Jackson stores in any Java property in a StoragePluginConfig subclass
instance, right?

Do type values for the type property come from only the @JsonTypeName
annotation on a subclass (when present) or the subclass's simple name
(when @JsonTypeName is not present)?  (Does Jackson (directly) access any
of the "name" or "NAME" members in our various subclasses of
StoragePluginConfig?)

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay