drill-dev mailing list archives

From Magnus Pierre <mpie...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Development of a Storage Plugin
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 18:06:47 GMT
Hello Christophe,

I did a very similar exercise recently in order to connect Drill with JDBC databases. I used
the existing source code in Apache Drill as basis for getting things in a shape that is working.
I have not seen a concise documentation regarding how to develop Storage Plugins, but I’ll
claim that the source code for existing storage plugins are pretty good at detailing whats
needed.

If you look at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3180 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3180>
you will see the code that I produced which is basically a bare bones implementation of a
Storage Plugin. My plugin only touches the functionalities provided by Apache Drill and does
not do anything advanced so it seems to be quite close to what you aim for.

Best regards,
Magnus