drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Scott <jsc...@maprtech.com>
Subject regex format
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:37:16 GMT
I recall at some point the topic of supporting a regex format record reader
came up, and I thought that Jacques said that he had this built into the
test framework and that at some point it should find its way into a release
use.

The closest ticket I can find is: DRILL-739 and I don't think that quite
covers the request.

Just wondering if there is any status on this.

To clarify the topic it would be to create a file format where you could
define a regular expression so that when text files are loaded they can be
parsed based on that regex. Effectively the grouping from the regular
expression would result in columns[n] for each record.