drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Allowing the option to use github pull requests in place of reviewboard
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:46:43 GMT
I can't remember the rule.  I think it was 3gb and 15 minutes.  In order to
get under 3 gb, I think we need to run single threaded.  Last I checked,
running with 4 threads on dedicated hardware completes in ~12 minutes.
However, the Travis instances used to be really slow virtual machines.  I'm
sure a solution can be found but I think we'd need some concerted effort on
reducing the test footprint.

We talked before (Daniel's suggestion) about treating more of the tests as
integration tests.  This would help as much of the test time is spent
starting and stopping Drillbits for each test class.  If we only did this
once for all those tests, the footprint would be much smaller.