drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Release of Apache Drill 1.0.0
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 14:11:54 GMT
It brings me great pleasure to announce the release of Apache Drill 1.0.0.
This is an amazing release built by an even more amazing community.  This
release is focused on providing our first production-grade release with
highlights including:

- More than 200 JIRAs fixed
- Substantial improvements in stability, memory handling and performance.
- Improvements in Drill CLI experience with addition of convenience
shortcuts and improved colors/alignment
- Substantial additions to documentation including coverage of
troubleshooting, performance tuning and many additions to SQL reference.
- Enhancements in join planning to facilitate high speed planning of large
and complicated joins.
- Add support for new context functions including CURRENT_USER and
CURRENT_SCHEMA
- Ability to treat all numbers as approximate decimals when reading JSON
- Enhancements in Drill's text and csv handling to support first row
skipping, configurable field/line delimiters and configurable quoting.
- Improved JDBC compatibility (and tracing proxy for easy debugging).
- Ability to do JDBC connections with direct urls (avoiding Zookeeper).
- Automatic selection of spooling or back-pressure exchange semantics to
avoid distributed deadlocks in complex sort-heavy queries
- Improvements in query profile reporting
- Addition of ILIKE(VARCHAR, PATTERN) and SUBSTR(VARCHAR, REGEX) functions

Please join me in congratulating the community.  You can read about the
release in more detail by reviewing the blog on the Drill website [1].  Try
out Apache Drill 1.0.0 by downloading it from [2].  If you'd like to see a
complete list of resolved issues, you can review those at [3].

Thanks to everyone for their great work and enjoy the release!

[1] http://drill.apache.org/blog/2015/05/19/drill-1.0-released/
[2] http://drill.apache.org/download/
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313820&version=12325568