drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implement a http service data source plugin
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 18:35:45 GMT
On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 6:32 AM, kevin <kevinlynx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Say how about my query like this:
>

>    select * from http.dummy where reservsed_q='q=avi&p=2' and count > 100
>

>    I make a `reserved_q` to store the http query, and this string can be
> dynamic. And in my StoragePluginOptimizerRule, i must get `reserved_q`
> value, and consume the expression `reserved_q`.

This is great stuff!

(but could you use a better name than reserved_q?  how about just query?)

It also seems that it would be natural for the query to be represented as a
JSON object rather than URL encoded query args.  That would help avoid
quoting bugs and insertion attacks since the JSON to query args could do
careful quoting.