drill-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <dbarc...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: RecordBatchLoader.load(...) SchemaChangeException
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 20:18:48 GMT
To clarify:

load(...) returns a boolean value to indicate whether there was a schema change.

Initially, I thought that throwing SchemaChangeException was an old way of indicating a schema
change, and so thought that the throws declaration and various catches were obsolete.

However, reportedly SchemaChangeException is or was for reporting /problems/ in making schema
changes, not for reporting normal schema changes.

Therefore, the code is not /necessarily /as obsolete as I initially thought.

With that clarification, I re-submit the question:

--
Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies