drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Option name case sensitivity?
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 17:16:06 GMT
The only argument I can think of is that configuration options that end up
being passed through to other systems may be easier to deal with if we
allow for options to be defined with any case that the underlying system
expects. If it is case-sensitive, we would have to create a map from the
Drill names to the names expected by the specific component. On the other
hand, as we already define then names to loosely follow a logical hierarchy
that makes sense for Drill, it is likely that our names won't match up
anyway, for example if e need to pass configuration down to the parquet
reader we already need to map our names like store.parquet.option_name to
the parquet option names (as they don't need to specify that the option
relates to storage or parquet in the name).

I think we can safely lowercase everything for now.

- Jason Altekruse