drill-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Hsu <matth...@simba.com>
Subject Getting a Query State
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 19:54:34 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to get the query state from a completed query using the JDBC Drill Client, but
I am only able to get QueryState.PENDING and I am unable to get QueryState.COMPLETED. I noticed
the Drill Client has this in it:
@Override
public void resultArrived(QueryResultBatch result, ConnectionThrottle throttle)
{
results.add(result);
if (result.getHeader().getIsLastChunk())
{
future.set(results);
}
}

Should the conditional be testing for: if (result.getHeader().hasQueryState()) instead? I
understand that in ODBC, the query state can be retrieved after the last chunk.

If there another way around this?

Thanks,

Matthew Hsu
Computer Scientist | Simba Technologies Inc.
+1.604.633.0008 | matthewh@simba.com<mailto:matthewh@simba.com>

938 West 8th Avenue | Vancouver, BC | Canada | V5Z 1E5
The Big Data Connectivity Experts | www.simba.com<http://www.simba.com/>

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.