drill-dev mailing list archives

From Venki Korukanti <venki.koruka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 0.8.0 (rc1)
Date Sat, 28 Mar 2015 19:26:39 GMT
+1 (binding)

Downloaded tar.gz file from [1] and installed on a single node cluster.
Successfully ran several queries (including joins and order by) on TPCH SF
10 data stored in HDFS.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~jacques/apache-drill-0.8.0.rc1/
apache-drill-0.8.0.tar.gz
<http://people.apache.org/~jacques/apache-drill-0.8.0.rc1/apache-drill-0.8.0.tar.gz>

Thanks
Venki

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Tomer Shiran <tshiran@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's ok to ship.
>

> > On Mar 28, 2015, at 11:13 AM, Jinfeng Ni <jinfengni99@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > +1
> >
> > * Download src tar ball and run full build on Mac OS twice.  Run several
> > sample queries. All are good.
> > * Verified md5 / sha1 checksum
> >
> > For DRILL-2458, I feel this is not a show stopper, since it is marked as
> > targeting for 0.9. We have many JIRA opened, including incorrect result
> > issues, and we do not intend to fix all of them in this 0.8 release.
> >

> >> On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Aman Sinha <asinha@maprtech.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> It looks like DRILL-2458 is tagged for 0.9, not 0.8, so the patch never
> got
> >> included in the 0.8 release.   I think we should either include it (and
> >> verify it resolves the issue) or disable the default setting...what do
> you
> >> think ?
> >> I am changing my vote to +0  at this time since there is a workaround.
> >>
> >> Aman

> it

 Ran
> >> CTAS