drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Join us tomorrow (Tuesday) for the Drill weekly hangout!
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:53:07 GMT
Sorry I didn't send these out earlier, here are the notes from this weeks
hangout.

Hangout 3/10/15:
- Attendees: Hakim, Kris, Andries, Sudeesh, Aman, Yash, Sudhakar, Jason

- Agenda
    - Hakim
        - working on bug fixes
        - working on window function again
            - add row number, rank, dense rank
            - thinking about scope today
            - we should look at Tim's work to start defining new aggregate
functions
            - first version of the revised window function operator was
merged
                - off by default, users can toggle on with an option
                - works with a subset of window function features
                - missing
                    - custom frames
                    - window specific functions that will be worked on soon
                    - support for multiple partitions
                - needs improvement
                    - handling the case where a window is larger than size
of memory

    - Kris
        - working on docs
    - Aman
        - merged Sean's Union all patch
        - design doc on JIRA
            - new fixes and features will be in new JIRAs
        - partition pruning
            - basic support last fall
            - could not support range pruning
            - working on support for evaluating more advanced filter
expressions at planning time

    - Sudeesh
        - working on system tables
            - for reporting memory and thread information
        - working on simplifying deployment of Drill
        - enhancing exception injection
            - some initial work by Chris

    - Yash
        - working on Cassandra storage plugin
            - a couple of comments
            - should we rely on Cassandra for affinity information or
something on our end?

    - Andries
        - ODBC driver testing
        - stream data with Flume
        - Drill tries to read partially written records
        - need to possibly ignore open files or allow discarding malformed
records
        - currently picks up hidden files
        - came up with method to help work with tools with incomplete UTF-8
support