drill-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Westin <cwes...@yahoo.com>
Subject My last patch moved us to protobuf 2.6
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:20:00 GMT
Jacques just committed my patch for DRILL-2245. Among other things, this
moved us to protobuf 2.6 (we were on 2.5, release notes are here
https://code.google.com/p/protobuf/source/browse/trunk/CHANGES.txt).

I needed to add some new enum symbols to QueryState, which required
regenerating some of the .proto files. I didn't have protoc from before.
When I did a search, the top result was for how to install protoc using
brew. When I did that, I got 2.6.

When I regenerated the .java files for the .protos, about half a dozen of
them changed, but the changes were all comments, so I didn't think anything
of it. I don't think it should be a problem, but just wanted to check to
see if anyone knows of a reason we shouldn't do this. If so, then I can
submit another patch just to downgrade protoc back to 2.5 (that's a better
bet than trying to undo this rather large patch).

Chris