drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Updated JIRA workflow
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 23:50:16 GMT
Hey Everybody,

INFRA-8766 has been pending for a while to improve our workflow and match
it to JIRA.  It just got resolved so let's try to make sure that we fairly
represent the status of the issues.  Among other things, this will help new
contributors understand what is going on.  If we see additional things we
need, we can always request those things.

The workflow can be seen at [1].

Here is my proposed mapping of the new workflow to our process.

New bug starts in OPEN.
When someone starts working on it, they move it to IN PROGRESS.
When someone puts a patch up for review, move to REVIEWABLE
When a patch is reviewed and has pending changes, move to IN PROGRESS
When patch is +1'd, move to ACCEPTED
When a patch is merged, move to RESOLVED
When an issue is verified, move to CLOSED
When an issue is found to not be fixed, move to REOPENED

Let me know if people think we should use these states or transitions
differently.

thanks,
Jacques

[1]