drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ankur Garg <ankurga...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions for Setting up Dev Environment
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 18:53:00 GMT
Hi All ,

I joined the Apache Drill community recently and want to contribute to
Drill as a developer .

As a first step, I am setting up  my dev environment . I see that
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Setting+Up+Your+Development+Environment

says that the page is Outdated and needs to be updated .

Specifically , I couldn't get this( *I cant locate ReferenceInterpreter
project in the workspace . Although I could see a donuts.json file
under exec/java-exec . Is the ReferenceInterpreter renamed to
exec/java-exec ?? *)  :

Additionally , is there somewhere i can find the latest update info for
setting up my dev environment . I will then update this page with those  so
that new contributors do not face any hassle :)
*Executing the ReferenceInterpreter from ref project:*

*Copy "ref\src\ test\resources\donuts.json" to
"ref\src\ main\resources\donuts.json"*

*First time:*

*Right click on "ReferenceInterpreter", select 'Run As -> Run
Configurations'.*

*Select Java Application and New.*

*In Main tab:*

*Project: ref*

*Main class: org.apache.drill.exec.ref.ReferenceInterpreter*

*In Arguments tab:*

*Program arguments: "src/test/resources/simple_plan.json" (with quotes).*

*Click 'Run'.*

*Next time onwards:*

*Right click on "ReferenceInterpreter", select 'Run As -> Java
Application'.*

Looking for help .

Regards

Ankur