drill-dev mailing list archives

From Yash Sharma <yash...@gmail.com>
Subject Drill Cassandra Storage - Unexpected exception during fragment initialization
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 18:06:45 GMT
Hi All,
I am writing Cassandra storage for Drill and am facing this error while
firing a simple select query against Cassandra table on Sqlline.

I am able to get the expected results by using a physical plan directly.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing.

Thanks

Some more info for troubleshooting -

Query:
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select id from cassandra.recsys.`trending_now`;

Query failed: Query failed: Unexpected exception during fragment
initialization: Internal error: Error while applying rule
DrillPushProjIntoScan, args
[rel#2753:ProjectRel.NONE.ANY([]).[](child=rel#2752:Subset#0.ENUMERABLE.ANY([]).[],id=$1),
rel#2747:EnumerableTableAccessRel.ENUMERABLE.ANY([]).[](table=[cassandra,
recsys, trending_now])]

Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query.
(state=,code=0)

----------
Physical Plan:
{
  head : {
    type : "APACHE_DRILL_PHYSICAL",
    version : 1,
    generator : {
      type : "manual"
    }
  },
  graph : [ {
    pop : "cassandra-scan",
    @id : 1,
    cassandraScanSpec : {
      keyspace : "[KEYSPACE_NAME]",
      table : "[TABLE_NAME]"
    },
    storage:
    {
      "type":"cassandra",
      host: "localhost",
      port : 9042
    },
    columns: [
    "id", "pog_id"
    ]
  },
  {
    pop : "screen",
    @id : 2,
    child : 1
  } ]
}
----------
Info:
KEYSPACE_NAME - recsys
TABLE_NAME - trending_now
----------
I am able to view cassandra and all the Keyspaces in Cassandra via Sqlline.
Describing the table trending_now gives me the below result:
0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> describe cassandra.recsys.`trending_now`;
| COLUMN_NAME | DATA_TYPE  | IS_NULLABLE |
| *           | ANY        | YES         |

Code:
https://github.com/yssharma/drill/tree/cassandra-storage
https://github.com/yssharma/drill/commit/494b205d2ad42d740ffad68f8af31421cdf40a42