drill-dev mailing list archives

From Mehdi Chitforoosh <mehdichitforo...@gmail.com>
Subject How to run Drill in IDE like Intellij,Eclipse,...
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:04:12 GMT
Hi everyone,
I read some classes in drill-exec package (rpc,server,work,...) .I had an
overview of Drill.I think I should read Dremel paper for better
understanding.
Now I want to run drill in Intellij IDE in windows for debugging.are these
steps ok?
1.run zookeper in windows
2.add sources (without maven structure) to src folder in Intellij Project
3.add libraries(netty,protobuf,....) to Project
4.run main() function in  org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit class
5.test queries in tools like sqlline

Another question :
Do FragmentExecuters only run on EventThread in WorkManager ?

I think that I can add some changes in three or four future weeks for hbase
0.98 and some useful functions.

Thank you.
Have a good time.

--