drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which class should I start reading for understanding Drill?
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 21:46:07 GMT
Hi Mehdi,

I remember seeing your previous message about adding add support for hbase
0.98. Steven is right that adding a storage engine can be good if you want
to start contributing without learning all of the system details. If you
are interested in learning more about drills execution model in general, I
would take a look at the Foreman class. This class is responsible for
actually starting query execution. If you try running a simple sample query
in the debugger it might be the easiest way to follow along the execution
path starting from a breakpoint in the Foreman class, likely the best place
would be in the runSQL() method.

-Jason Altekruse