drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject DRILL-1205, splitAndTransfer issues in repeated types.
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 06:01:31 GMT
Hey Hanifi, or anyone.

I'm reviewing an issue with RepeatedMapVector where we need to implement
splitAndTransfer.  While doing so, I ran across what appears to be a bug in
splitAndTransfer for repeated scalar values.  Basically, if you look at
line 108 of RepeatedValueVectors, we transfer starting from the startIndex
position.  It seems this should be based on using startPos instead of
startIndex.  I understand where you corrected (rewrote/normalized the
offset values) but I don't see why you would have transferred starting at
an offset vector index rather than a value index.

thanks,
jacques