diversity-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Updates] Outreachy working group minutes
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2019 18:35:09 GMT
Hello folks,

The new update of the week. You'll find the meeting minutes in the
following link:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019-12-19+Outreachy+Meeting+notes

Best,
Katia


On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 7:56 PM Katia Rojas <katia@apache.org> wrote:

>
> Hello folks,
>
> The new update of the week. You'll find the meeting minutes in the
> following link:
>
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019-12-12+Outreachy+Meeting+notes
>
> Best,
> Katia
>
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 7:04 PM Katia Rojas <katia.grojas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> The new update of the week. You'll find the meeting minutes in the
>> following link:
>>
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019-12-06+Outreachy+Meeting+notes
>>
>> Best,
>> Katia
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 6:43 PM Katia Rojas <katia@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hello folks,
>>>
>>> The new update of the week. You'll find the meeting minutes in the
>>> following link:
>>>
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019-11-21+Outreachy+Meeting+notes
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Katia
>>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 1:59 PM Katia Rojas <katia@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Kenn,
>>>>
>>>> After talking with Sage and reviewing deadlines we concluded that it is
>>>> not possible to get an extension. To get an extension we would have to have
>>>> strong applicants with strong contributions located and ready to deliver
>>>> said contributions in couple of days. Because we do not comply with those
>>>> requirements we can't get an extension of time. Nevertheless, we will move
>>>> the funding to the next round and we would like to see these interested
>>>> mentors and applicants in the next round. They will have enough time to
>>>> present projects and record strong contributions.
>>>>
>>>> Please let us know if you have any questions.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Katia
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 7:14 PM Rui Wang <ruwang@google.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I checked the intern candidate and tried to find what was the
>>>>> contribution. The PR I found was [1]. That PR is not the starter task I
>>>>> assigned and it was not merged. So I think at this moment for the specific
>>>>> project, there is no qualified candidate to make forward?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> [1]: https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/9962
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> -Rui
>>>>>
>>>>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 2:39 AM Katia Rojas <katia@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi -
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Improve Apache BeamSQL to allow users better write big data
>>>>>> processing pipelines
>>>>>>
>>>>>> https://www.outreachy.org/december-2019-to-march-2020-internship-round/communities/apache/#improve-apache-beamsql-to-allow-users-write-big-da
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This project has one contribution recorded but not rated. Is it
>>>>>> possible to be rated today and (if it is good enough) select the applicant
>>>>>> as an intern?
>>>>>> *@ruiwang, you have time until 4 pm UTC.*
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The deadline for selecting an intern is Nov. 14, 2019, at 4 pm UTC.
>>>>>> Once mentors select their interns, the community coordinator will need to
>>>>>> assign funding sources. The Outreachy organizers will then approve the
>>>>>> intern selection and funding source.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> https://www.outreachy.org/december-2019-to-march-2020-internship-round/communities/apache/improve-apache-beamsql-to-allow-users-write-big-da/applicants/
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> *@Kenneth Knowles <kenn@apache.org> , do you know who is interested?
>>>>>> for which project? and when this would be delivered?*
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please let us know as soon as possible.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Best,
>>>>>> Katia
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM Kenneth Knowles <kenn@apache.org>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The two Beam projects appear to have missed the Outreachy deadline
>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>> contributions to be recorded, correct? We should gather information
>>>>>>> on why
>>>>>>> not, from the applicants and mentors. I notice there is speculation
>>>>>>> in the
>>>>>>> reports. Let us make our conclusions more precise.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ... putting on Beam PMC chair hat ...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> We have interested mentors and applicants. Can we get an extension?
>>>>>>> I and
>>>>>>> other Beam PMC can put some effort into resolving the friction and
>>>>>>> getting
>>>>>>> contributions recorded.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Kenn
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:28 AM Katia Rojas <katia@apache.org>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > Hello folks,
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > The new update of the week. You'll find the meeting minutes in the
>>>>>>> > following link:
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019-11-07+Meeting+notes
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Best regards,
>>>>>>> > Katia
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 9:13 PM Katia Rojas <katia@apache.org>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > > Hello folks,
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> > > The new update of the week. You'll find the meeting minutes in
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> > > following link:
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019-10-31+Meeting+notes
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> > > If you have any questions, ideas or comments please let us know.
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> > > Thank you,
>>>>>>> > > Katia
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> > > On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 7:57 PM Katia Rojas <katia@apache.org>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> > >> Hello folks,
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >> New update of the week of Outreahy program. Here you'll find
>>>>>>> the meeting
>>>>>>> > >> minutes.
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019-10-24+Meeting+notes
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >> If you have any questions, ideas or comments please let us know.
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >> Thank you,
>>>>>>> > >> Katia
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >> On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:36 PM Katia Rojas <katia@apache.org>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> > >>
>>>>>>> > >>> Hello folks,
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> > >>> New update of the week of Outreachy program.
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019-09-19+Outreachy+Meeting+notes
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> > >>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/Meeting+notes
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> > >>> Best regards,
>>>>>>> > >>> Katia
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> > >>> On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:30 PM Katia Rojas <
>>>>>>> katia.grojas@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> > >>> wrote:
>>>>>>> > >>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Hello folks,
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> New update of the week:
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> MEETING NOTES (Based on the agenda)
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Attendees:
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Matt Sicker, Gris Cuevas, Awasum Yannick and Katia Rojas
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Duration of the session:
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Meeting initiated at 19:00H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Meeting ended at 19:32H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Notes:
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Follow up on action items
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Review progress done:
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    “Call for mentors” follow up:
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> We sent a follow up email calling for mentors. This week, we
>>>>>>> received
>>>>>>> > a
>>>>>>> > >>>> few emails from folks showing their interest and asking for
>>>>>>> more
>>>>>>> > >>>> information / clarifications.
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    We updated the blog post. You can access it on the
>>>>>>> following link
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=EDI
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Things to decide on moving forward
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    Friction Log. To create a friction log template we are
>>>>>>> going to
>>>>>>> > >>>>    open a discussion in the dev@ mailing list and ask the
>>>>>>> community
>>>>>>> > >>>>    for their ideas and input regarding what a friction log
>>>>>>> should
>>>>>>> > contain and
>>>>>>> > >>>>    how we can track these details. We’d like to open this up
>>>>>>> for a 72
>>>>>>> > hour
>>>>>>> > >>>>    comment period for feedback. With this feedback, we will
>>>>>>> create a
>>>>>>> > complete
>>>>>>> > >>>>    friction log template on the D&I wiki. Mentors will be
>>>>>>> expected to
>>>>>>> > provide
>>>>>>> > >>>>    these friction log details once a month during the
>>>>>>> Outreachy round.
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    Workshops to scope projects. We know that scoping a
>>>>>>> project can be
>>>>>>> > >>>>    challenging, therefore we are going to provide a workshop
>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> > potential
>>>>>>> > >>>>    mentors that want to participate in the Outreachy program
>>>>>>> and need
>>>>>>> > some
>>>>>>> > >>>>    help with scoping their projects.
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>    Send a reminder about the deadline for applications.
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Recap + Next Steps
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Some questions are arising about the Outreachy program, to
>>>>>>> give some
>>>>>>> > >>>> clarity we are going to provide a workshop to scope projects
>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>> > answer
>>>>>>> > >>>> questions. To create the friction log template, we are going
>>>>>>> to open a
>>>>>>> > >>>> discussion in the dev@ mailing list and get input from the
>>>>>>> community.
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to
>>>>>>> share them
>>>>>>> > >>>> with us!
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 5:55 PM Katia Rojas <
>>>>>>> katia.grojas@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> > >>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> > >>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Hello folks,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> New update of the week:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> MEETING NOTES (Based on the agenda)
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Attendees:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Matt Sicker and Katia Rojas
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Duration of the session:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Meeting initiated at 19:00H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Meeting ended at 19:42H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Notes:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Follow up on action items
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Review progress done:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>    “Call for mentors” email:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> We sent our first email calling for mentors. This week we
>>>>>>> received
>>>>>>> > two
>>>>>>> > >>>>> emails from folks showing their interest and asking for more
>>>>>>> > information /
>>>>>>> > >>>>> clarifications.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Things to decide on, move forward
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>    Send a follow up email on August 22dn
>>>>>>> > >>>>>    2.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>    Update blog post announcing Outreachy at ASF.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>    3.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>    Friction Log.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Recap + Next Steps
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> We are calling for mentors and we are ready to receive all
>>>>>>> your
>>>>>>> > >>>>> questions and proposals. We are going to work in the
>>>>>>> friction log
>>>>>>> > report.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to
>>>>>>> share them
>>>>>>> > >>>>> with us!
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> Katia
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 2:38 PM Katia Rojas <
>>>>>>> katia.grojas@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> > >>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> The new update of the week:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> MEETING NOTES (Based on the agenda)
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Attendees:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Gris Cuevas, Matt Sicker, Awasum Yannick and Katia Rojas
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Duration of the session:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Meeting initiated at 19:00H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Meeting ended at 20:07H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Notes:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> *Follow up on action items  *
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> *Review progress done:*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> - “Call for mentors” email:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> We've contacted Marketing and Publicity to get information
>>>>>>> about the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> best way to call for mentors. Also, gave a look into
>>>>>>> previous
>>>>>>> > projects to
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> learn from their experiences. Here are the guidelines:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> "If you are making general announcements, you may wish to
>>>>>>> send to
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> announce@apache.org (the ASF's general list). All messages
>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> announce@ go through moderation. Please be sure that you
>>>>>>> do the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> following:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    send from your @apache.org address
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    send in plaintext
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    put [ANNOUNCE] or [ANN] before a clear subject line (for
>>>>>>> example:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    "[ANNOUNCE] New Initiative with Outreachy and Apache
>>>>>>> Diversity &
>>>>>>> > Inclusion")
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    include a boilerplate on the project (DOAP = description
>>>>>>> of a
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    project; at https://projects.apache.org/ ~10-60 words)
>>>>>>> --this
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    being D&I (= what is it?)
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    include a link to the project homepage
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    include a link to any download(s) or related resources as
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    appropriate"
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Email content ready to be sent on August 17th.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> - Define and document Outreachy-specific Jira labels
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> We've been asking around in the Outreachy Zulip chat to see
>>>>>>> if
>>>>>>> > anyone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> else has come up with a good naming scheme. So far, here
>>>>>>> are some
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> guidelines:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    “Avoid terminology like "summer", "winter", etc., as
>>>>>>> this is
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    global, and seasons are local.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Avoid "quarters" since that seems to be local.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Similarly, "semesters" might make sense, though it adds
>>>>>>> about as
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    much detail as using a generic 1/2, a/b, or some other
>>>>>>> pair.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Absolute round numbers aren't really tracked anymore
>>>>>>> upstream in
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Outreachy, and if we had our own "round number", that
>>>>>>> could get
>>>>>>> > confused
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    with their old round numbering.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    On a technical note, these names should be usable as
>>>>>>> labels in
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Jira, GitHub Issues, and Bugzilla, so avoid whitespace.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Ideally, this label should be as simple as it can be. So
>>>>>>> far, this
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> looks like it might be one of the following styles:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    outreachy-dec2019-mar2020 (or abbreviated to dec19 and
>>>>>>> mar20)
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    outreachy-december2019-march2020 (same)
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    outreachy2019-december-march
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    -
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    outreachy2019-dec-mar
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> There's also an interesting issue with one of the two
>>>>>>> rounds each
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> year being split by December through March, so using only a
>>>>>>> single
>>>>>>> > year
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> number in the label might also be confusing.”
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> We concluded we will use the following Jira Labels:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> outreachy19dec
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> outreachy20may
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> outreachy20dec
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> *Things to decide on, move forward*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Send “call for mentors on August 17th”
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    2.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Create a blog post announcing Outreachy at ASF. We
>>>>>>> already have
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    the content.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    3.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Review progress of the Outreachy FAQ page.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    4.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>    Friction Log: design template report.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> *Recap + Next Steps*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> We are ready to send “call for mentors” email, during that
>>>>>>> process
>>>>>>> > we
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> are going to update our blog post, wiki page / FAQ page (if
>>>>>>> > needed). Also,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> we are going to design a template report for the friction
>>>>>>> log.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to
>>>>>>> share
>>>>>>> > them
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> with us!
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> Katia
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 8:37 PM Katia Rojas <
>>>>>>> katia.grojas@gmail.com
>>>>>>> > >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> A new update of the week:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> *MEETING NOTES (Based on the agenda)*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Attendees:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Matt Sicker and Katia Rojas
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Duration of the session:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Meeting initiated at 19:00H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Meeting ended at 20:02H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Notes:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> *Follow up on action items  *
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    Review progress done:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> We contacted publicity and marketing to get a better
>>>>>>> picture of how
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> to create a blog post and identify mailing lists to call
>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>> > mentors, we
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> got some guidelines that we are going to follow in our
>>>>>>> next steps.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    Timeline frame:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> We enter into the next phase: calling for mentors. We
>>>>>>> decided the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> next steps taking into account the information included in
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> > previous
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> point.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    Wiki page for Outreachy:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> We are going to use confluence as a temporary location for
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> information before creating a wiki page.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> *Things to decide on, move forward*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    Develop content for the blog post and the email to call
>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    mentors.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    2.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    Contact Gsoc Organization Admins to get feedback about
>>>>>>> their
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    experience calling for mentors.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    3.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    Create Outreachy FAQ page before wiki page.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> *Questions*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    Friction Log: We need to understand what exactly should
>>>>>>> be
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    covered in a friction log and how could we create a
>>>>>>> friction
>>>>>>> > log template
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>    report for mentors.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> *Recap + Next Steps*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> We established the timeline frame and the next steps are:
>>>>>>> create a
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> blog post and an email to call for mentors. Also, get
>>>>>>> feedback
>>>>>>> > from the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Gsoc Organization Admins.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to
>>>>>>> share
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> them with us!
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> Katia
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 5:49 AM Griselda Cuevas <
>>>>>>> gris@apache.org>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> Thanks for the update Katia
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> On Fri, Aug 2, 2019, 3:32 AM Katia Rojas <
>>>>>>> katia.grojas@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Hi folks,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > I created this new thread to keep you updated about the
>>>>>>> progress
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> of
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Outreachy Program:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > *MEETING NOTES (Based on the agenda)*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Attendees:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Matt Sicker and Katia Rojas
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Duration of the session:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Meeting initiated at 18:00H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Meeting ended at 19:42H CET time zone
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Notes:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > *Follow up on action items *
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    Review progress done:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Last week we made good progress setting up the program,
>>>>>>> we
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> successfully:
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > submitted Apache Organisation to Outreachy, filled out
>>>>>>> sponsors
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> details for
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > the initial round, setup Jira for internal
>>>>>>> communication and
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> identified the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > application process for mentors and interns.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    Tracking documents
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > This is the first time we worked with the Outreachy
>>>>>>> program and
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> we setup
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > the process from scratch. We took this as an
>>>>>>> opportunity to
>>>>>>> > create
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > appropriate documentation of processes (Via Sheets) for
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> Outreachy
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > program setup and task progress tracking. The Outreachy
>>>>>>> program
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> setup
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > focused on the registration, setup of internal and
>>>>>>> external
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> communication
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > and basic documentation. The Task progress tracking
>>>>>>> focused on
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> schedules,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > applications, mentors, and interns.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Mozilla helped us in our first steps, they shared their
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> experience with us
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > and also they provide us some templates about tracking
>>>>>>> > schedules.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > *Things to decide on, move forward*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    Blog post announcing Outreachy-Apache Software
>>>>>>> Foundation
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       Talk with marketing and publicity to coordinate
>>>>>>> how to do
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> this.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       2.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       Create content for the blog post.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       2.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    Call for mentors
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       Coordinate with marketing and publicity to
>>>>>>> identify
>>>>>>> > mailing
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> lists to
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       send emails.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       2.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       Create content for the email.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >       3.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    Set up wiki page for Outreachy. Let's start with the
>>>>>>> wiki
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> until the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    website gets done.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > *Questions*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    1.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    Friction Log: We need to understand what exactly
>>>>>>> should be
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> covered in a
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    friction log and how could we create a friction log
>>>>>>> template
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> report for
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >    mentors.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > *Recap + Next Steps*
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Registered Apache Software Foundation with Outreachy,
>>>>>>> Setup
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> tracking tools
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > (JIRA) and created some documentation on
>>>>>>> managing/tracking the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> program with
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Outreachy.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Next, we need to announce that we’re working with
>>>>>>> Outreachy and
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> then spread
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > the word to find mentors to help out. We also need to
>>>>>>> setup the
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> wiki page
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > for Outreachy.
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Cheers,
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> > Katia
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message