From Sijie Guo <guosi...@gmail.com>
Subject DistributedLog Podling Report Draft - May 2017
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 16:43:13 GMT
Hi, all,

Here is the draft of podling report for May 2017. Please help review it.

=====================================

DistributedLog

DistributedLog is a high-performance replicated log service. It offers
durability, replication and strong consistency, which provides a
fundamental building block for building reliable distributed systems.
DistributedLog has been incubating since 2016-06-24.

1.Continue to grow the community, and increase diversity of community.
2.Improve documentation, including documentation of project and processes.
3.Successful releases.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware
of?

None.

1. community

- Sijie gave a talk about DistributedLog at Strata+Hadoop San Jose.
- The DistributedLog paper is accepted at ICDE 2017.
- Leigh Stewart gave a presentation about DistributedLog at ICDE.

2. 44 people subscribed to dev mail list,
    8 improvement proposal in progress,
    and 72 open issues.

- We have released the first Apache version : 0.4.0-incubating on April 25.
- We start the work on release 0.5.0-incubating.

- Sijie