From Tracy Martin <Tracy_Mar...@genpt.com>
Subject RE: Git Workflow on Windows
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 12:02:09 GMT
I think that most of the issues are in the test cases at this point.  I will paste the output
later when I am at my desk.

I suspect that bookkeeper has similar issues.  The Readme on gitgub says to use a Unix system
to build.  I tried to run the same mvn command with tests on 4.3.6 and received error in the
tests.

I can work on making the changes for Windows.  Should we create a separate ticket in Jira?
 Also, I could not create an issue in Jira.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org>
Date: 1/4/17 3:29 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: dev@distributedlog.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Git Workflow on Windows

We definitely want to support running distributedlog in other environments.
And in theory, it is a Java system, it should be able to run on different
platforms. But as what Franck mentioned, the major problem is most of us
don't have a windows environment :/ I tried to have a Jenkins job or Travis
CI job to build distributedlog on windows. But unfortunately, it is
inconvenient for me to debug what it failed.

Based on the conversation in the jiras, it seems that the major problems
are a compilation problem and a symlink problem. So fixing these two should
be able to compile and run distributedlog on windows. However, in order to
validate the performance on windows, we might seek for helps from the
people who have more experiences on windows.

- Sijie