From Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 0.4.0, release candidate #2
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 18:42:44 GMT
Flavio,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2017 10:37 AM, "Sijie Guo" <sijie@apache.org> wrote:
>

> On Jan 17, 2017 2:58 PM, "Flavio Junqueira" <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> +1, I have checked the following:
>
> - Built both 2.10 and 2.11 from source (skipped tests)
> - Checksums and signatures
> - NOTICE and LICENSE
> - Rat
>
> Questions:
> 1- I'm wondering if the text about Hadoop in NOTICE is necessary. How did
> you guys end up including it?
>

> Ah, I need to check that. Can't remember why it was brought in right now.

I think this because we ported one class from Hadoop
"TestTimedOutTestsListener" - we used it for dump information when the
tests timed out. do you see any concerns here? what is your suggestion?

commit ea3c1143f9e2718d0d86e8b1c8f3a7e51ac19c4d
Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Jan 4 16:09:01 2017 -0800

    DL-165: Add TestTimedOutTestsListener to dump timed out cases thread
dump

    Author: xieliang <xieliang007@gmail.com>

    Reviewers: Leigh Stewart <lstewart@apache.org>

    Closes #91 from xieliang/DL-165-TimedOutTestsListene

2- The tgz bundles do not include any jar directly, so there is no real
> concern about bundling the bits from other projects that could require more
> sections in the NOTICE file, is it right?
>

> I am clear about this part. Any principles to follow in Apache?
>

> Sorry typo => not clear about

Can you comment more on this part?