From Asko Kauppi <asko.kau...@zalando.fi>
Subject Introduction - wanting to work on the documentation
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2016 06:12:22 GMT
Hi all,

my name is Asko Kauppi and I work as a technical Agility Coach at the
Zalando Helsinki site we started in 2015.

I'm interested in persistent message buses in general, because I see them
offering a new kind of way to do microservices. Instead of each service
being responsible for its state we can now store the state "in between" and
have stateless filters.

I know Kafka, Akka Streams and RxJS rather well. DistributedLog to me looks
like a simpler, maybe lighter Kafka - I'm not for the normal big data use
cases but simply stream programming, in small and medium size range (MBs to
maybe 1 GB).

The documentation is something I'd like to help with - it also allows me to
learn DistributedLog well I hope. Instead of starting to make PRs I'd like
to discuss goals and tools first, with some people already looking into the
documentation. I'm very keen on detail and optimizing text for the reading
experience (good flow).

During next week (week 51), we are running a Hackweek and I might try out
DistributedLog on a Raspberry Pi cluster, if all goes well.

- Asko Kauppi