From Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is there a REST API for Write and Read proxies?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 19:43:36 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 12:58 AM, Asko Kauppi <asko.kauppi@zalando.fi>
wrote:

> Hi Jay,
>
> > One comment about "a REST / websockets proxy", are you thinking of
> running
> > a separate service or part of current proxy (e.g. listening on a separate
> > port to handle REST/websockets request)?
>

> I was thinking of a separate service, and a separate project, at least
> first. I work in Scala and akka-http. The project would contain two parts /
> subprojects:
>
> - Akka Streams interface to the DistributedLog proxy APIs. I have already
> started work on this.
> - the REST API / websocket proxy

> It’s really nice to be collaborating with this, once we have time. Do you
> know what’s the normal procedure within the project, or should we simply do
> it outside since also the development work would be elsewhere?

One thought about the REST/websockets proxy - it would be good that it can
be part of current proxy (so people doesn't have to deploy additional
services) or another module for this project **eventually**. You can choose
the best way for you guys to collaborate on the development. If you guys
are willing to instantiate this within this project, a new module might be
a good starting point.