From Asko Kauppi <asko.kau...@zalando.fi>
Subject Re: Is there a REST API for Write and Read proxies?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 08:58:50 GMT
Hi Jay,

> One comment about "a REST / websockets proxy", are you thinking of running
> a separate service or part of current proxy (e.g. listening on a separate
> port to handle REST/websockets request)?

I was thinking of a separate service, and a separate project, at least first. I work in Scala
and akka-http. The project would contain two parts / subprojects:

- Akka Streams interface to the DistributedLog proxy APIs. I have already started work on
this.
- the REST API / websocket proxy

It’s really nice to be collaborating with this, once we have time. Do you know what’s
the normal procedure within the project, or should we simply do it outside since also the
development work would be elsewhere?

Asko Kauppi
Zalando Tech Helsinki