From Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: A bookkeeper DCOS/mesos package
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 02:25:36 GMT
FYI. Jia created a jira for DCOS package for DL proxy.

Sijie
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Jia Zhai" <zhaijia03@gmail.com>
Date: Nov 22, 2016 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: A bookkeeper DCOS/mesos package
To: <dev@bookkeeper.apache.org>

Thanks for your input.
Opened 3 Jira tickets:
BOOKKEEPER-972 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-972>:
track this bk package and following items for it.
BOOKKEEPER-974 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-974>: Make
pushing a docker image as part of the release procedure.
DL-70 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DL-70>: Provide an DCOS
Universe package for DL proxy package.

They are on my head currently, feel free to take it if you are interest.

Regards.
-Jia

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 1:04 AM, Sijie Guo <sijie@apache.org> wrote:

> Flavio and JV raised a good point. I think we can investigate making
> pushing a docker image as part of the release procedure.
>
> Sijie
>
> On Nov 22, 2016 3:43 AM, "Flavio Junqueira" <fpj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Very nice, Jia, thanks for the update. I suggest creating a jira issue
> > track what work remains to be done in this front. I'm particularly
> > interested in having a way forward to update the package as we release
> new
> > versions. I'd say that automating as much as possible should be a goal.
> >
> > -Flavio
> >
> > > On 22 Nov 2016, at 04:03, Jia Zhai <zhaijia03@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > FYI. Bookkeeper package have been merged into the public Universe, now
> it
> > > is here:
> > > universe <https://github.com/mesosphere/universe>/repo
> > > <https://github.com/mesosphere/universe/tree/version-3.x/repo
> >/packages
> > > <https://github.com/mesosphere/universe/tree/version-3.x/repo/packages
> > >/B
> > > <https://github.com/mesosphere/universe/tree/
> version-3.x/repo/packages/B
> > >/
> > > bookkeeper
> > > <https://github.com/mesosphere/universe/tree/
> > version-3.x/repo/packages/B/bookkeeper>
> > > /*0*/ .
> > > And the example is under-review here:
> > > https://github.com/dcos/examples/pull/7
> > >
> > > Hi Flavio and JV,
> > > Regarding Jira ticket, There is currently no Jira Ticket. And I will
> open
> > > one if it is useful.
> > >
> > > Regarding the Sync issue, that maybe need a manual work, since it
> > > referenced to a hard-coded bookkeeper docker image. From my view,  In
> the
> > > future, we may also need to matain an official bookkeeper docker
image,
> > and
> > > this package will reference to it.
> > >
> > > Regarding container issue, Mesos support both Docker container and
> Mesos
> > > container.  This BK package using a Docker type.
> > > The working flow of this package is some thing like this: 1, have a
> DCOS
> > > env. 2, on the GUI goto  "Universe" on the left of the window,  you
> would
> > > find bookkeeper there, click it to install.  That's all to deploy a
> > bookie
> > > on one of your DCOS slave-agent.
> > > Here is some docs related to DCOS/Mesos:
> > > https://dcos.io/docs/1.8/
> > > https://mesosphere.github.io/marathon/docs/
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > > -Jia
> > >

> > > On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 1:55 AM, Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <
> [...]
on
it.