From Gerrit Sundaram <gerritsunda...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] DL Stream Operation Primitives
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 11:09:02 GMT
As what Sijie suggested in the other email thread, I started this email
thread for discussing the stream operation primitives.

The stream operations that I am aware of that DL supports are

* Open a distributedlog stream
* Delete a distributedlog stream
* List all the distributedlog streams under a namespace
* Seal a distributedlog stream
* Truncate a distributedlog stream

I am looking for a more filesystem-like API. for example,

* Get the status/attributes of a stream (like stat in filesystem)
* Rename a stream
* Symlink a stream

Another operations that I can think of might be useful.

* Split/Fork a stream (it can be useful for dynamic data partitioning)
* Merge/Concat streams

The above operations are based on my knowledge about DL. Feel free to add
more.

- Gerrit