From Jia Zhai <zhaiji...@gmail.com>
Subject Distributedlog Podling Report Draft - November 2016
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2016 10:53:03 GMT
Thanks a lot for your suggestions Flavio.
And Guys, Here is a draft. Please help comments on it.
Regards.
-Jia

=====================================

DistributedLog

DistributedLog is a high-performance replicated log service. It offers

durability, replication and strong consistency, which provides a fundamental

building block for building reliable distributed systems.

DistributedLog has been incubating since 2016-06-24.

1.       Continue to grow the community, especially people from outside
Twitter.
[Ask the PMC for helping check the number of people subscribed to dev@ mail
list]
2.       Improve documentation.
3.       First Apache release

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware

of?

None

1. Increase in contributions from community.

2. Lots of engagement on documentation.

3. Improved responsiveness of committers to community members

1. Documentation has improved for project build and project deployment.
Added more information on  community page.

2. Involved more discussion of new ideas and bring in new features. Include
major discussions like 'transaction support', 'batch commit' .etc.

3. First release and repackaging of the project under apache namespace are

   being discussed, such as:

- Pull requests for repackaging.

- Twitter folks are working on porting twitter's bk version back to
community

- Expect to cut a release on Nov.