directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LĂ©charny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DSML query with 2.0.0AM25
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:46:29 GMT
Hi !

On 12/03/2019 10:29, Robert Lichtenberger wrote:
> Hello everyone, I've installed ApacheDS 2.0.0AM25 on my machine. Now I
> would like to execute a DSML query against it.
>
> According to some sources I found on the internet, DSML should be
> "built-in" functionality. But reading
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/2.1-config-description.html#http-server
> I now have some doubts about that.

Basically, in order to process DSML requests on the server, you need to
have a running HTTP server that receives those DSML requests, and
transform them to LDAP requests.

The HTTP server we embed - which is quite limited - is supposed to allow
that, assuming we have a webapp capable of processing the incoming DSML
requests, call the DSMLEngine which sends the requests to the server and
format the response.

Currently, we don't have such a webapp. It should be quite simple to
write, and all it would have to do is to have an instance of DslmEngine
configured to 'talk' to the LDAP server.

Ideally speaking, the DsmlEngine could even be smarter. Currently, it
sends LDAP requests to the server when it could talk to it directly
(thought  the core-session API), sparing the CPU needed to encode/decode
the LDAP requests.

But as you can see, none of those two are currently implemented.