directory-users mailing list archives

From "Black, Douglas" <Doug.Bl...@osumc.edu>
Subject LDIF Export fails with "Comparison method violates its general contract!"
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2018 19:19:14 GMT
I am trying to do an LDIF export of an eDirectory tree.  Search returns about 105,000 objects.
 When I try to export it to LDIF, I get the above error. Error details are:

Error while exporting LDIF
 - Comparison method violates its general contract!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
	at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ExportLdifRunnable.export(ExportLdifRunnable.java:205)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core.jobs.ExportLdifRunnable.run(ExportLdifRunnable.java:156)
	at org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.jobs.StudioConnectionJob.run(StudioConnectionJob.java:119)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:60)

Comparison method violates its general contract!

Has anyone else seen this?  Is it a really cryptic way of saying "I need more RAM"?  (The
workstation is a Windows 10 VM with 8GB).

Thanks,

Doug Black
OSU Wexner Medical Center
doug.black@osumc.edu