directory-users mailing list archives

From Remy DELERUE <remy.dele...@ext.adeo.com>
Subject Missing parenthesis in the documentation
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2018 13:55:02 GMT
Hi everybody!

I'm reading the LDAP API User Guide and I think there's a parenthesis that is not closed correctly.

It's here:
https://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide/1.3-apache-ldap-api-rational.html

"""
Strangely, after starting this effort (back in 2007), some people from Sun (Microsystems),
who was working on the OpenDSproject, contacted us to ask if we'd be interested in helping
them create the next version of JNDI. (Resurrecting The Java LDAP Centric API<https://blogs.oracle.com/treydrake/entry/resurrecting_the_java_ldap_centric>.
Sadly this effort stalled, as the need for JNDI2 was no longer a priority for Sun. Nevertheless
we decided to continue our work but the the pace was slow.
"""

  *   Just before "Resurrecting" there is a '('.
  *   I think a ')' is needed after "Centric API".

I'm not sure if it's the correct way to report this typo and if I could send you a pull request.
I found this email address in the "feedback welcome" section at the begin of the documentation
but tell me if you want me to do a JIRA ticket or anything else.

Have a nice day,
Rémy Delerue.