directory-users mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing parenthesis in the documentation
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2018 14:53:47 GMT

> On Nov 13, 2018, at 7:55 AM, Remy DELERUE <remy.delerue@ext.adeo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm reading the LDAP API User Guide and I think there's a parenthesis that is not closed
correctly.

Hello Remy, welcome to the list.

> On Nov 13, 2018, at 7:55 AM, Remy DELERUE <remy.delerue@ext.adeo.com> wrote:
>
> It's here:
> https://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide/1.3-apache-ldap-api-rational.html
>
> """
> Strangely, after starting this effort (back in 2007), some people from Sun (Microsystems),
who was working on the OpenDSproject, contacted us to ask if we'd be interested in helping
them create the next version of JNDI. (Resurrecting The Java LDAP Centric API<https://blogs.oracle.com/treydrake/entry/resurrecting_the_java_ldap_centric>.
Sadly this effort stalled, as the need for JNDI2 was no longer a priority for Sun. Nevertheless
we decided to continue our work but the the pace was slow.
> """
>
>  *   Just before "Resurrecting" there is a '('.
>  *   I think a ')' is needed after "Centric API".

Hmm, when I goto that page, it renders correctly, with the 2nd paren in place:

"helping them create the next version of JNDI. (Resurrecting The Java LDAP Centric API).”

> On Nov 13, 2018, at 7:55 AM, Remy DELERUE <remy.delerue@ext.adeo.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure if it's the correct way to report this typo and if I could send you a pull
request.
> I found this email address in the "feedback welcome" section at the begin of the documentation
but tell me if you want me to do a JIRA ticket or anything else.

Maybe someone else can chime in but I think this particular section is fine.

Having said that, there are many issues with our documentation and we welcome help, indeed
it’s a great way to get introduced to our community.  So yes, if you are interested in helping,
we can point you in the right direction.

— Shawn