directory-users mailing list archives

From Pankaj Rathod <pankajratho...@gmail.com>
Subject apacheDS JVM process crashes with OutOfMemory
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2018 16:24:58 GMT
Hi Team,

We are using ApacheDS 2.0.0-M23 for our custom implementation of LDAP. We
have set max memory usage (Xmx value) to 1024mb for apacheDS instance
process. This java process for ldap instance is repeatedly crashing after
every few days.

Our Investigation details:
    1. The core dumps are showing OutOfMemory issue.
    2. After analysing the dumps, we see instance of
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketAcceptor is occupying 94% of
memory (more than 900mb). This MINA package is internal library for
apacheDS jars.

Query:
    1. We want to know how to resolve this OutOfMemory and jvm crash issue.
Is there any known issues associated with apacheDS related to OOM or JVM
crashing or MINA package?
    2. Is there any fixed upper limit of memory usage (Xmx value)
associated with apacheDS ldap instance.

Thanks and Regards,
Pankaj Rathod